Tuesday, February 11, 2014

What’s next Dog with a Blog?

a good hazzardayrebread basket

If you don’t have kids or tended tweens and such this won’t make much sense to you. Over the last oh I’d say 4 years I have gotten acquainted with the Disney Channel. Before I started tending my step daughters kids, I never took to watching the Disney Channel or any youth based networks, but here’s where the river changed. When I was listening to our radio station one night doing some late night engineering, I tweaked on the Disney Channel , for something other than the next high priced low quality widget, on Direct sales paid TV programs. At first I got into Wizards of Waverly Place, this got me into Selena Gomez, haven’t looked back. Her music rivals any new star out there. Then I started watching Rocky and CeeCee on Shake It Up to the point our station looked into launching Shake it Up Idaho, we all know what happened there on the local front, even to our pitch to rebuilding if we had been able to snag it, KBAR into Radio Disney of Idaho. Any mile I got into many of the shows on the Disney Channel. Even to all the Tinkerbelle movies. Well it looks like the gurus at Disney/ABC decided to yank Good Luck Charlie. I saw this coming months ago, after the on tv story line birth of Toby, the new Duncan, pushing Charlie into the not so charmed member of the famdamnly, we now see the death of that series. Now here’s my problem. There is just so many episodes and so long a duration that a series can go. If the story line characters start entering pre adult status, going off to college of course the end of the series is on the front burner. However I think that many of Disney’s programs could be taken into a Disney Channel for adults, at least mid 20’s to 40’s demographic. Allowing for such shows as Wizards, Shake it Up, and even Good Luck Charlie  to mature or evolve into college style story lines and shows.

Let’s face it Wizards was killed long before it needed to be. Shake It Up same thing, and now others are on the chopping block. Of course do not let the overview and surface titles fool you. Phenius and Ferb all have adult based wording. If you think I’m blowing smoke, watch it some time. My question is this what show of Disney is going next? Dog with a Blog? Of course the good series’ never gets the chance to gain viewership. Example My Babysitter is a Vampire. That thing had great potential. Considering all the series on now of the black magic, genere. If we’re doing series on the spooky, why not My Babysitter is a Vampire?

The big squabble at Disney over Good Luck Charlie was the writers introduced the queer factor. That introduced a couple whose children become involved with the Duncans, in which the same sex parents grind was introduced. Look I’m not into same gender anything, when it comes to marriage, children etc, but the fact its all around us, like it or not, and teaching our youth to be more accepting, might just be in the right direction.

Makes one, wish (and I do) for a 24/7 Big Bang Theory Channel. Big Bang is the last of good TV. At least until Confederate Steele TV is launched in 2016.

Getting some sleep, see you in the AM.

TTYL

byrd in the snowAYREHEAD SIG1


Quote of the Day: out of anarchy comes order-john teller
1 Corinthians 13: 6-7“Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.

knyte tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment