Friday, February 7, 2014

Every body fights in the sand box

AYREWOLF'S AYRELOG HEADER

A year ago or purtty close, I got this summons from Ben’s other half Alma, requesting our help in preserving the flag on ye ole Gen Lee. So I did and so ya’ll in the club know what we did, and was more effective than most and the rebel flag yet waves. Not only on one General, but on the General Jackson as well>gen jaxson So then I started getting Facebook Friends requests, from people I hardly or would never associate with in the first place, but to honor my promise to Paul to preserve the vision he and Gy created alive, I allowed myself to get entrapped by all too many so called Friends. So up came this page called the Official Dukes of Hazzard Fan Club Page. So I joined it.

At first it wasn’t bad, but then came the addition of back biters , and all too many silent requests for me to take my honest reflections of the TV show and leave. So I created the page the Unofficial Dukes Of Hazzard page.

After a time I just got tired of the crap. The Dukes was in fact the platform and foundation for us as a real off TV club. We have based all that we do on it. The Dukes awakened my yearning to find out more about my southern culture or ancestry, I found out my great , great lots of greats, Grandad was in fact General Montgomery of the Southern militia. Many others found themselves there. Then about two years into the series, for a episode which featured the on TV radio station WHOGG, AM 1090, Hazzard, the radio personality was in fact my 4th cousin Richie Montgomery. Oh great, I thought. So Richie got me on the set, I find a suitable rig to build into a General Lee and the rest is history.

But the thing is the so called Official Dukes fan page is full of all things just Gen Lee, and Bo & Luke & Daisy Duke. How about adding on Waylon pics, who told the story, how about Uncle Jessie, as well as pics of some of the other celebs that became that series. No they don’t do that. Only in rare occasions do they put up shots of Cooter, or Alma. If It wasn’t for Cooter , the General would never have been as healthy to frolic around Hazzard. No reflections on the episodes. I say bull stuff. I , outside of a few postings I put on there, Have I ever saw an entry of or saluting our club, that is Hazzard County, that is the Dukes.

So I went in got out of one place and into another.

Overnight, I’ll reflect on this more but the week has made it to where for a time we are here in Twin Falls for at least 3 to 6 months more, and dig this, got a response from DirecTV replied to the idea, of establishing our Confederate Steele/Hazzard TV channel on DirecTV.

Going back to watching some great TV.

TTYL

PAPPYS SIG COMPANY BANNER


Quote of the Day:
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
--Terry Pratchett
Psalm 97:10“Let those who love the LORD hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
knyte tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment