Saturday, July 13, 2024

so now let's look at A.I. what it can do and what it can't. and why we are not going with the beat of that drummer.

Artificial Intelligence.  Sounds ah inspiring don't it? Kind of a top down wind in your hair kind of operation. 
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE or A.I. has been in the cross hairs of many industries for so long yet no real advancements. Sure A.I.  can take a survey but it does not take into account that somewhere in that data stream that some sort of crunching numbers goes on.
Example: After getting shorted 3 days of a two week stay at the UnAffordable Inn of Evanston Wyoming and not even offered a Veterans or Senior Citizens discount I get awakened to a incoming phone call from the front desk.  Time to check out they said. Really? Spend nearly $700.00 for two weeks and not even suggested a few of that $700.00 refund put back on my plastic? Perturbed bet your trailing tire I was. But hey out from under that stress.
The survey is going to read a sweet stay. When in fact it wasn't. A.I. will not convincingly say this guest was shortened in his stay. Then the previous evening who can sleep with bar employees hooting and grunting in the courtyard? Hey a little quiet would be nice to be able to catch a few zz's. Quiet analysis not a thing will come out of that survey and I am betting your next inspection that no employees will be shit canned either. Business as usual.  Again A.I.  full automation that can't distinguish between sarcasm and serious. Such as when a Facebook account gets frozen because YOU poked fun T someone that works at Meta. Nor a notice saying they messed up, here is your account back good as new. Nope you must be banished and vanquished because something You wrote was taken at face value. When the Snyder remark might just be roasting a few nuts on the fire.
A I. deals in absolutes never sees 👀 beyond or outside of the box into the Grey areas of a simple phrase or context.
One of those things that I went back into broadcasting was I wanted to bring personality and the human equation bCk I  rather that just the latest numbers ratings of Nielson ratings and PPM numbers. Who cares if the locL garage band gets any airplay let's just run what everybod6else is doing. Not HazzardAyre Radio.  We strive to be that real person real human interaction not just keep running the same cookie cutter programming because it is safe.

A.I.  can't do that. So we said we ain't.  We run sequentially spaced mood enhancement and rhythmic music and humor flow. Not the Beach Boys in one music set and Ac/DC in the next.selection.
I am not going to do that.
More in the afternoon. 
L8R Taters


No comments:

Post a Comment