Tuesday, August 20, 2024

A warning guaranteed to make you poop.

Some of you may have gotten stung already but I felt ya'll should know this in case you have a PayPal account. 
I was working on some upgrades on two of our websites earlier today when I had to difer a payment. Not thinking used our PayPal account.  So I am sitting in the KeyBank parking lot attempting to decide on where to chow down and got an Email. Said that I spent just under 900 forrf something.  Well as it turned out it was a scammer. Yup a scammer. A cyber drive by. So immediately I call the number and canceled the transaction but it turns out it wasn't PayPal. So did a reverse phone number scan and saw that some 400 people had been scammed and that it wasn't even a PayPal official.  The Nigerian scammer also had the same goofy accent that I had just been chatting with to squash the transaction. 
Needless to say they a get anything as the well has ran dry.e
So if you get a email from PayPal check to make sure it's REALLY PAYPAL. IF the call back number has a 816 area code. Report it, don't get scammed.
Going to bark at KMVT later about it.
Stay tuned. 





No comments:

Post a Comment